A Bookish Adventure

I started this blog to document an extended trip to the US and UK in 2012, introducing children to my Alice-Miranda series. It's hard to believe that it's just on four years since we launched the first Alice-Miranda title - and now there are nine books out in Australia with another five still to come. When I first came up with the idea of this precocious seven and a quarter year old, I had no clue that she would take me on such an amazing journey, not only in Australia but also across the world. I visited 37 schools while we were away in 2012 and gave over 80 talks - it was fantastic. In 2013 I've been on lots of new adventures in the UK - visiting schools from London to Southampton, Lancashire, Scotland, Newcastle and back to London again. After that I headed off to meet readers in Singapore. In Australia I've been to Melbourne, Perth, Albany, Alice Springs and Brisbane. There's a new series too - about a gorgeous little girl called Clementine Rose. She and Alice-Miranda don't know each other yet, but they will soon.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Book Week in Australia, the Melbourne Writers' Festival and a huge Alice-Miranda launch!

It's been a great week.  My first Book Week as a full time writer and I've had a ball visiting five different schools in Sydney.  It's been wonderful to see the enthusiasm for reading from the teachers and students and I've had a ball.  I am looking forward to the Melbourne Writers' Festival next - another first for me.

My Melbourne Writers' Festival public event on Sunday is sold out but I believe there are still tickets available for my Tuesday event.  You can book tickets at Melbourne Writers' Festival Meet Jacqueline Harvey

It's been amazing to see Alice-Miranda and Clementine Rose selected as dress ups for the week and Alice-Miranda has been blogging about all her new friends over at http://alice-miranda.blogspot.com
I've got some of the photos below.  I bow down to the parents and grandparents who have made so many fabulous outfits this week - not only for Alice-Miranda and Clemmie but the myriad characters who weave their magic in children's lives.  Thank you to everyone for making stories important.

I'm thrilled that the Alice-Miranda Diary for 2014 is almost out and Alice-Miranda Shines Bright is in the shops in less than a week too.  We're having a huge launch party for the books and Clementine Rose and the Farm Fiasco at The Children's Bookshop in Beecroft on Saturday 31 August at 1pm.  Please come along - there will be animals (and hopefully a tea cup pig!).  I'd love to see you there.  Book at Launch party Alice-Miranda Shines Bright, the Alice-Miranda Diary 2014 and Clementine Rose and the Farm Fiasco









1 comment:

  1. I am amazed to see the enthusiasm for reading from the teachers and students. I am also looking forward to the Melbourne Writers' Festival next. This will be surely amazing.

    Mt tamborine skywalk

    ReplyDelete